Skip to main content

Going home!


Wednesday 10th Jan
Feeling much better! Hooray they got the meds right! Last night I was telling my family that I was going to fake it so that I could get out today..... But I didn't need to. I can walk and the pain is bearable!!
Met with the oncologists who were happy for me to go if I wanted to, or to stay as an inpatient..... but that would mean an additional 7weeks in hospital. I don't think so!
The benefits of staying as an inpatient is that you don't have to pay for treatment and you get 24/7 care and rest when you need it. The downside is 7 weeks in hospital (as lovely as they are, I wanna be home with my family)
Anyway I was able to get outta there...... Hooray!!!!
They discharged me with my gazillion drugs..... WOW what a cocktail I'll be on!

I was out of there by 12:30pm
The moment I walked in the door I was greeted by my welcome home sign my dollies made for me and I felt better instantly!
Not long after my legendary hairdresser Nik from AMOS hair in Sandringham came over to give me a dramatic chop!
I've always had long hair, it defines me! My hair and my booty are both big and are both Cassy. Wasn't sure how I'd go with getting it chopped off...... But it was liberating, amazing, Nik’s a star! I love my new look and feel comfortable that I won't have large locks falling out everywhere. Nik’s going to come back to shave it when it starts to fall out. I'm ok with that, I think I'll rock a head scarf
😊
The girls arrived home just in time to see Nik do the majority of the cut...... It blew them away!
They loved it..... Tahlia and Harper want the same style! Kiara a little hesitant 😂
I really appreciate you coming over on your day off, the day I get out of hospital to make an otherwise difficult situation fun and liberating...... You truly are an amazing friend and hairstylist.....thank you
😘
Shortly after my gorgeous mothers group friends came over to visit because today marks 10 years since we met at our first ever mothers group meeting!!! These ladies are not just friends, they truly are sisters. I can count on them for anything, anytime. We are blessed to have found each other. They drank Mumm because they’re mumms
😂 and Moët....we'll just because.... I drank dry ginger, still nice though.

We chatted, laughed, reminisced great evening..... Love you.
Then I get a text from my brother Sean (keep in mind I'm highly emotionally, just got home from hospital hours ago, chopped all my hair off, celebrations with my gorgeous mothers group ladies) and then this text come through. Sean had got a stiletto shoe tattooed on his arm. The stiletto is one of my symbols of this fight "because if I'm going to kick its ass it going to be in a stiletto"
I cried instantly. I love him. Thank you, Sean. I have the best family, the help, support, just taking things off our hands is incredible...... I'm blessed! They just want to make a really crappy situation bearable.... and they a million times over xx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A week a go today!

So I've been meaning to write a blog for sometime now, but recent incidents have pushed me into action. This blog will be about the good and hard times of living with Stage IV lung cancer. It's not a downer but it's real.  I'm hoping to live as full a life as I can, and treat this disease as something I can manage and live my best possible life. I hope to share tales of the fun I have with my family as well as some of the struggles we face too. I've called it "Makeup and meds" because what you see is all an illusion. What you see on the outside may not be what's really going on deep within. Hope you follow me on this rollercoaster ride!!!! Fortunately for me I live in the best country in the world and have access to amazing medical treatment and medication that keeps me going, and fortunately for me I've always loved makeup and dressing up....so everyday I put on my face and start! I may look better than what's going on beneath but some

Guest Blogger; Kano; Magical memories amongst hard days

The 11th May was my last update after we had secured access to Osimertinib (Tagrisso) with the assistance of Professor Ben Solomon from Peter Mac.   On the 14th May, we met Assoc Professor Gary Richardson, who indicated that without a significant response to Tagrisso, Cassy would have ~1 month to live.  Telling our children that prognosis was the hardest thing we have ever done, it shocked and shattered them, they cried uncontrollably. It was just terrible, you actually hurt in your chest. We just held them. Cassy, as always, remained defiant and was so strong.  16th May we did an early birthday celebration for Kiara and went to LEGO Discovery Centre at Chadstone. We had an amazing time, topping out with Kiara getting the ‘Disney’ Castle as her 7th Birthday gift. She was so excited!!! We had Mexican at Fonda... to which Harper created her Parody “lightning and the Fonda” which we’ve been hearing ever since!  We remained hopeful and Cassy commenced the Tagrisso, howev

quick one .......update on biopsy......treatment going forward

Friday 15th March Yesterday I met with my oncologist for my second round of Chemotherapy and to get the results from my recent lung biopsy. The news was not what we were hoping......I am not positive for T790M and I have less pld -1 than originally thought. This means I am not a candidate for Tagrisso (which we were hoping for) and we have to see if  immunotherapy will still be as effective in the brain. What does this mean for me? - It means that I will continue with Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy as the best option for me. - I'll get an MRI on my whole body (including brain) in about 3 weeks (to see if its working in the brain since radiation and immunotherapy - I'm basically starting all over again....(12 weeks from now) - more pain from chemotherapy in cancer areas.  - May look at other EFGR treatments (should this not be effective) Have to say the information was tough to hear because I was preparing myself for coming out of this and starting to feel better, n