Skip to main content

Quality time


Friday 12th
YAY finally get to spend some quality time with my girls!! Time with my girls these days is a little different, it's not the usually crazy mummy jumping around singing and dancing fun we're used to.... It's low key but equally as fun. We made yummy smoothie's where we all added our own ingredients.... Was delicious!!! Then we had a pamper morning (relaxing yet fun)!!
We started with Lush fizzy bath bombs...... Divine!!! And then some meditation, stretching and full blown pampering.
We cleansed, toned and moisturised our faces, massaged and moisturised our bodies (all natural ingredients of course).
We drank lots of lime water and used special sprays and essential oils.... It was bliss and the girls want to start the day like this each morning..... I'm down with that (well maybe not school mornings
😊😊)
Then it was time for mummy to nap.... The fatigue is a killer. It's not like feeling sleepy, it's pure exhaustion, it's the inability to keep awake, talk, or do anything really. After 1.5hrs I was feeling better and we got ready for my second radiation treatment.
 I was in a better frame of mind today..... Ready to smash it! Also the girls came in with us today so I wanted to keep it as positive as possible.
The radiology nurses were amazing with the kids, they let them into the room, showed them what was going to happen and let them operate the machinery (supervised of course). It made me feel better too!
Today there was no music and the time to set up was minimal because the prep was done yesterday.
I just breathed in and got myself into the zone and recited in my mind, the very positive and insightful phrase "stuff you cancer!"
😊 I was ready to get this sorted and felt strong! Then it was on to my chest and that was fine too.

I've been feeling increased pain, and partly because I'm not taking all my pain relief (because I hate it, I hate the way it makes my stomach feel) according to the nurse it looks like I'll have to start taking them.... Doh!
I was feeling strong and ready to smash this! So decided to go for an early dinner after treatment. We went to Sugo in Malvern, which used to be a favourite of ours when I used to frequent Malvern for my check-ups when pregnant with Tahlia and Kiara. We had a lovely time and it was great to just have quality family time, to talk and laugh and eat.
Later Aunty Maureen, Uncle David and mum came over for a quick visit. Was lovely to see them before they head off on a family break to Lakes Entrance.

We then started watched a family movie on Netflix but mummy didn't last and had to crash!

Was such a nice day to spend this time with my family....it's what I'm going to concentrate on more than ever!
Ohhhh the meds...... They do strange things to you. I feel asleep about 9:30pm but then was wide awake at 1:30am- till 4:23am. Couldn't sleep, completely wired, so I used the time to research floorboards and carpets for our new home (at least it was productive) then I researched dresses that I could rock with a bald head to my cousins wedding in March..... Also productive
😊
Finally feel asleep for another 2 hrs

Comments

  1. Cass. You can be bald and still look smoking. Can't wait to celebrate with you....💋

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A week a go today!

So I've been meaning to write a blog for sometime now, but recent incidents have pushed me into action. This blog will be about the good and hard times of living with Stage IV lung cancer. It's not a downer but it's real.  I'm hoping to live as full a life as I can, and treat this disease as something I can manage and live my best possible life. I hope to share tales of the fun I have with my family as well as some of the struggles we face too. I've called it "Makeup and meds" because what you see is all an illusion. What you see on the outside may not be what's really going on deep within. Hope you follow me on this rollercoaster ride!!!! Fortunately for me I live in the best country in the world and have access to amazing medical treatment and medication that keeps me going, and fortunately for me I've always loved makeup and dressing up....so everyday I put on my face and start! I may look better than what's going on beneath but some

Guest Blogger; Kano; Magical memories amongst hard days

The 11th May was my last update after we had secured access to Osimertinib (Tagrisso) with the assistance of Professor Ben Solomon from Peter Mac.   On the 14th May, we met Assoc Professor Gary Richardson, who indicated that without a significant response to Tagrisso, Cassy would have ~1 month to live.  Telling our children that prognosis was the hardest thing we have ever done, it shocked and shattered them, they cried uncontrollably. It was just terrible, you actually hurt in your chest. We just held them. Cassy, as always, remained defiant and was so strong.  16th May we did an early birthday celebration for Kiara and went to LEGO Discovery Centre at Chadstone. We had an amazing time, topping out with Kiara getting the ‘Disney’ Castle as her 7th Birthday gift. She was so excited!!! We had Mexican at Fonda... to which Harper created her Parody “lightning and the Fonda” which we’ve been hearing ever since!  We remained hopeful and Cassy commenced the Tagrisso, howev

quick one .......update on biopsy......treatment going forward

Friday 15th March Yesterday I met with my oncologist for my second round of Chemotherapy and to get the results from my recent lung biopsy. The news was not what we were hoping......I am not positive for T790M and I have less pld -1 than originally thought. This means I am not a candidate for Tagrisso (which we were hoping for) and we have to see if  immunotherapy will still be as effective in the brain. What does this mean for me? - It means that I will continue with Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy as the best option for me. - I'll get an MRI on my whole body (including brain) in about 3 weeks (to see if its working in the brain since radiation and immunotherapy - I'm basically starting all over again....(12 weeks from now) - more pain from chemotherapy in cancer areas.  - May look at other EFGR treatments (should this not be effective) Have to say the information was tough to hear because I was preparing myself for coming out of this and starting to feel better, n