Skip to main content

The weekend!


Saturday 13th Jan
Woke up fresh and not too dizzy! Need to eat before I take my cocktail of meds which I need as my head is starting to throb!
My darling Kano got me breakky in bed (as he always does) and I was able to take my concoction of meds (meds for inflammation, pain, nausea, dizziness, reflux, vomiting, constipation, relaxant, sleeping tablets, more narcotics, pain management etched etc) I need to be in a zone and concentrate because I take similar ones for lunch, dinner and just before bed each day.

I felt OK after a few minutes and was ready to start my day. The day started as per the new usual..... our daily pamper session. So we all got cleaned up and started cleansing, moisturise, essential oils the works. Girls love it and it's special bonding time for us. Tomorrow I’m adding meditation music and candles
😊
Then we were off to Carpet Court and Caesarstone showrooms and decided on the finishes for our new home..... Exciting stuff. So glad we've decided to go ahead! Positive thing to look forward to.

After the showrooms we went to lunch at Big Pig Little Pig (interesting location for 3 pescartarians
😂😂) although Kano and Harper enjoyed the pork ribs, Tahls, Kiara and I had the delicious chilli beans... Yumm
Another enjoyable family meal. We just talk rubbish and enjoy each other's company. The girls are smart and know what's going on and are a little more sensitive than usual, but are dealing with the change like champs! So proud of them. I see the concern in Tahlias eyes (she's my big girl) she needs extra mummy time. She always wants to do what’s right..... I just want a break for them. Poor darlings they don't deserve this.
Then it was home to bed for mummy.
Had an awesome snooze and then Aunty Bev arrived!
Was so nice to see her, we just spent hours in bed chatting and catching up. Was what I needed. I have the best support, friends far and wide willing to do anything to help, including Bev, I know you've got my back..... I love you.

Later that night I spent the evening cuddling with my girls in bed reminiscing about how they came into this world and what being pregnant with them was like, and what they were like as babies (stories they've heard millions of times but still nice to hear and seem new each time.) They truly are my 3 miracles!!! I not morbid but I truly want to be here to see what they achieve and what gorgeous women they are. They have hearts of gold and can do whatever they desire..... I hope I get to see it!






Sunday 14th January 2018

Not sleeping very well at all. I fall asleep but then get up at 12:30 and stay up till about 4am....not ideal.  Despite this I woke up feeling fine. My girls jumped in my bed with kisses and cuddles and I was ready to start the day. 

We got up made our morning smoothies and then got ready for our meditation and pamper session. I'm really loving Harper's pamper session idea....it’s fun, relaxing and gets us ready for the day! We use gorgeous candles, essential oils and natural cleansers etc. It’s just what I need and its quality time with my girls.



Not long after the gorgeous Nik and Amelia popped over with Billie (their new spunky puppy) to style my hair.....incredible!! Who has their own stylists who come to their house to style their hair just because?? I do….lucky girl 😊

They are soooo sweet and re- did my hair so I could look ready for the party this afternoon.



Now it was time for a snooze. I slept well for a couple hours then we made our way down to Wayne and Fleur’s for "A Soundtrack for Cassy" which is a mini event that Sean and Katie organised for me. 



I'm strong and do pretty well in most instances but this stuff....WOW....instant lump in my throat!!! I can't talk or really articulate anything. I walked in, there are little “Soundtrack for Cassy” posters everywhere and the house is set for a party! Sean did the most amazing job, he chose songs I haven't heard in 20+ years, my songs, songs that I used to listen to at clubs and mixed tapes in my car. Brought back awesome memories and the music....there will never be anything like it! Thank you Sean.....I loved it!

He then put some of my favs on a CD for me to take home (yes I'm still old skool and use CD's), together with a yummy chilli oil.



It was just the best afternoon....we ate yummy vegetarian food and there was fun and laughter with my little nieces and nephews. It was just the perfcet day. And of course Wayne and Fleur are always the hostests with the mostests...thank you for the use of your home.

It was great to catch up in an informal setting and just have the most amazing day with my family.



I was tired though and it was time to go home. I spent quality snuggle time with the girls in bed before trying to sleep....although I didn't fall asleep. I ended up falling asleep at about 4:20am and then woke up again at about 8am. Not a restful night....it’s the steroids!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A week a go today!

So I've been meaning to write a blog for sometime now, but recent incidents have pushed me into action. This blog will be about the good and hard times of living with Stage IV lung cancer. It's not a downer but it's real.  I'm hoping to live as full a life as I can, and treat this disease as something I can manage and live my best possible life. I hope to share tales of the fun I have with my family as well as some of the struggles we face too. I've called it "Makeup and meds" because what you see is all an illusion. What you see on the outside may not be what's really going on deep within. Hope you follow me on this rollercoaster ride!!!! Fortunately for me I live in the best country in the world and have access to amazing medical treatment and medication that keeps me going, and fortunately for me I've always loved makeup and dressing up....so everyday I put on my face and start! I may look better than what's going on beneath but some

Guest Blogger; Kano; Magical memories amongst hard days

The 11th May was my last update after we had secured access to Osimertinib (Tagrisso) with the assistance of Professor Ben Solomon from Peter Mac.   On the 14th May, we met Assoc Professor Gary Richardson, who indicated that without a significant response to Tagrisso, Cassy would have ~1 month to live.  Telling our children that prognosis was the hardest thing we have ever done, it shocked and shattered them, they cried uncontrollably. It was just terrible, you actually hurt in your chest. We just held them. Cassy, as always, remained defiant and was so strong.  16th May we did an early birthday celebration for Kiara and went to LEGO Discovery Centre at Chadstone. We had an amazing time, topping out with Kiara getting the ‘Disney’ Castle as her 7th Birthday gift. She was so excited!!! We had Mexican at Fonda... to which Harper created her Parody “lightning and the Fonda” which we’ve been hearing ever since!  We remained hopeful and Cassy commenced the Tagrisso, howev

quick one .......update on biopsy......treatment going forward

Friday 15th March Yesterday I met with my oncologist for my second round of Chemotherapy and to get the results from my recent lung biopsy. The news was not what we were hoping......I am not positive for T790M and I have less pld -1 than originally thought. This means I am not a candidate for Tagrisso (which we were hoping for) and we have to see if  immunotherapy will still be as effective in the brain. What does this mean for me? - It means that I will continue with Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy as the best option for me. - I'll get an MRI on my whole body (including brain) in about 3 weeks (to see if its working in the brain since radiation and immunotherapy - I'm basically starting all over again....(12 weeks from now) - more pain from chemotherapy in cancer areas.  - May look at other EFGR treatments (should this not be effective) Have to say the information was tough to hear because I was preparing myself for coming out of this and starting to feel better, n