Skip to main content

BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!! Queensland, moving, demolition, new symptoms.....living life.....blessed!


SIDE NOTE

Today (Monday 5th Feb) was special day for Tahlia! She came home from school and was beaming..... She is SRC she's class captain!!!! For those who know my daughter well...... She always tries to do the right thing....... This would make her decade! I need to make sure I can be the for the presentation next Monday…….and then the worst possible thing happened.... I woke up feeling the worst I've ever felt that Monday. Sooooo dizzy, couldn't lift my head and couldn't stay awake.
I just couldn't stop thinking about her looking out for me.......my hearts breaks
πŸ’”
But I do need to suck it up because many mummies and daddies miss out on many school occasions all the time because they have to work, or have other commitments. Tahls is smart and compassionate.....she understands...... Love her
πŸ’•







Friday 2nd February
We got the keys to our rental....I finally get to see where we are going to live for the rest of year!
It's fine....so close to school and will work with the kids and mum even gets her own room while she is helping take care of us.

I also had some special visitors with a super thoughtful gift....gorgeous Gill thought I could rock some hoops....so went to our favourite shop and got me some sexy hoops. Thanks gorgeous.....#loveyou



Tonight we celebrated Uncle Wayne and Lennon's birthday. Big few birthday months for Wayne and Flozzie (Fleur and Wayne’s birthday’s in Jan, Lenny in Feb and Dylan in March). Feeling a bit zapped today. Think it will be an early night! Always nice to get out though and see everyone though #lifeisforliving #creatingmemories

#Pizza #yummy #dessert #family #love

Tomorrow is the big hens days, out to 4 different wineries and lunch for the gorgeous hen. Sorry I couldn't be there Kylie. You looked amazing and I plan on partying at the big event in March!!!
Tahlia stayed with Chad and Rachael that night so she could have some one on one time with her cousin Indiana.


Saturday 3rd February
Winery
😒
So cute, the gorgeous women all dressed in white FaceTimed me while they were on the bus to the wineries so I wouldn't miss out! Thanks for thinking about me guys, looks amazing....can't wait for the BIG DAY!!!


Uncle Wayne took me to the doctors today because I need a referral to Prof Ben Solomon from Peter Mac. I'm concerned that my oncologist Gary has me on a drug that is not conventionally used to treat my mutation of cancer and I need to understand it! It’s always good to get a second opinion!


Today is mini moving day too. Chad, Wayne and 2 of the lovely dads from school (Michael and Tim) helped move lots of boxes over to our “new” rental. We move in officially on the 17th of Feb……scary but exciting!!! Will miss Plummer Rd and our gorgeous neighbours, but also looking forward to our new adventure. The new place is so close to school that it’s going to be an awesome help whilst I can’t drive, as the girls and I can just walk to school.

At the moment the main symptom I’m facing is fatigue, it is the real killer at the moment. I passed out whilst the guys we’re still moving boxes. Thanks sooooo much guys #soblessed



Sunday 4th February
Today we needed to get Tahlia fitted with new prescription glasses for her stigmatism...... She looks so cute!
Also Harps has grown out of her shoes as well..... shopping time! Simple things like shopping have become a little daunting. People walking towards me throw me off balance a bit or bending over makes me dizzy. I just need to take it easy and remind myself to take it slow.



Later we went home and had a little snooze and then made our way to an early dinner at the Laksa King and then to see the "The Greatest Showman”.  What a great movie!! The girls loved it sooo much and already know all the songs. Hugh Jackman was amazing in it!!


Monday 5th of February
Yep of all the days....  Today is the day I can't get up. I can't lift my head, my eyes are producing heaps of mucous and I'm soooooo fatigued. Had plans today...... I guess I'm resting!
😒



Tuesday 6th of February
Still not great today woah headache!!!!!
Now not sure about this Queensland holiday. Up until Sunday yesterday I was all good to go, but now I’m really feeling it, not going to be much good of I'm sleeping most of the day and can’t physically stay awake. Just going to take it day by day and make a decision on the day. I hope we get to go because it will be a nice mini break for the kids, and a break before the chaos of moving and also so nice to see Kane’s Dad who we haven’t seen in 6 years.


Wednesday 7th February
OK woke a little better, so I guess we're going to QUEENSLAND!!! And I'm happy about it! I would have been disappointed if we couldn't go.


Today is my spunky man Lenny’s birthday!!! We celebrated Lenny's birthday, old skool at a Maccas party!!!
He was really pumped..... Can't believe my spunky little man is 3!!!!



Thursday 8th Feb, we leave for sunny Queensland YAY!!!!!

Packing was interesting. Usually my territory…..Kane knows to keep outta my way when I pack because I get in a zone. This time was very different, I was not really fussed with what the kids or I wore it's more about protecting my head from the sun and ensuring I took all my meds. So Kane was really more in charge of packing this time…and he did a great job!!

So we're off.....we leave at about 10am in plenty of time for 12:55pm flight.
And luckily we did…. they built a new Jetstar terminal which is an absolute piss take.





You're walking for ages...... and ages........ and ages (remembering this is a new terminal they failed to build any travellators, no planning). Kane and I joked the person who designed this terminal must have been the same people who designed the Southland Shopping centre parking 😊.  Then to add to the complexity the terminal we use, you need to board via the tarmac (remembering stairs aren't good for me)
Anyway challenge accepted, challenge defeated and we're on our way. Oh and before that we had a yummy kebab at Biggie Smalls..... Not bad!! (1 benefit of the new Jetstar terminal
😊)

The flight was easy the girls are great travellers. The hotel is lovely, we have prime position, pool view and there are lots of gorgeous cafes and restaurants near us too.

That night the girls went straight to the pool to soak up some Queensland sunshine. Then we grabbed some Thai food from the restaurant next door. The girls loved it because we were seated on floor cushions, was a novelty for them. We had a lovely night, but food was super sweet. I think it's my tastebuds playing games with me.

Later that night Tahlia stayed up with me and watched trashy TV. We watched Married At First Sight...... Love that show.... Too funny! I can tell this season is going to be controversial!!



Friday 10th Feb.
YES let's go to SeaWorld!!!! I have really fond memories of SeaWorld, awesome shows, stunts, animals and rides. Kane and I have both been as children and remember it fondly and were keen to share the experience with our kids. We thought it would be a great place to go with a mix of rides and shows so to spare me on the rides, although none of the rides were operating!
It's definitely not as good as it used to be, but WE GOT THERE!!!  AND THAT WAS AN ACHIEVEMENT IN ITSELF!!!

Wasn't sure I was going to get there this morning, because when I got up I could barely walk my calves are super sore and I vomited for the first time in a while (and I think I vomited all my meds too)

Anyway I was determined to get there, so we did and it was fun!!!! Girls loved the water park area the best and mummy could lie down too. WIN/WIN
😊😊

We actually spent quite a while at Seaworld. We were there from 10:30am -3:30pm and I was proud of my achievements!!! #kickingthis
πŸ™ŒπŸΎ















Then it was time for rest in the hotel. I just enjoyed lying down for a while before we thought were we're going to get pizzas from the place across the road...... But no it wasn’t Margherita pizzas it was Margarita the drink, it was Mexican...... Pleasant surprise.... Girls loved it (well not the margarita’s they’re too young for that
😊)






Then we found an amazing ice cream place (a little too close to the hotel). It was to become a daily adventure, going there every night before we went home!!!! YUMM!!!! SNICKERS was our definite favourite!!!!


Tonight, before going to bed I noticed lots of hair on my pillow.... Luckily, I shaved it when I did otherwise it would have been patchy. Think I may have to go zero before Kylie’s wedding!


Saturday 10th Feb
Today we're going to visit Kane's dad Robert and step mum Maureen. It's the reason we came up to Queensland as we haven't seen them since Kiara was 6 months old (Kiara is 6.5yrs old now) - so it’s about time
😊

We had a slow start to the day, which was exactly what we needed after a busy/full on day yesterday!

Again my calves are really sore (particularly my right one)….feels like I don’t have much strength in them. I thought I might try some wedges, which actually really helped (they helped constrict the calves and made it easier for me to walk)….whatever works!!!


We left to go Chermside at about 11am and we met Robert and Maureen at their retirement village, which was really nice, perfect for them really.
It was great to see them. A bit daunting to see Robert who has aged quite a lot and is looking unwell. Robert has also been battling cancer also but is in remission at the moment. He is in good spirits and was happy to see us. I think it was a bit confronting for Kane, but he was also glad to see him after so long.









We made our way to lunch and had a good time catching up with them. It was nice to see the girls with their grandparents too.

Actually, it's been really nice just watching the girls interact with each other. We've noticed that in the last month or, so Harper has grown up a lot (might be all the changes in the house), but we've noticed she is holding her own with Tahlia and it's gorgeous to watch!
We just feel so blessed with how the girls are dealing with everything. They are so considerate and understanding and just go with the flow...... #luckymummyanddaddy

After lunch we went back to spend more time with Robert and Maureen...... Was a great day! 


Sunday 11th Feb
Looking forward to some pool time today with the girls and Kano.
But before that we had Maccas for breakfast....... NAUGHTY!!! Haven’t had Maccas for breakky for ages but went down a treat!!

Then we spent the day by the pool. Was a perfect day! I was able to get some shade and get in a sneaky snooze too! Was so nice just to watch the girls play, make friends and spend quality time with them. These are my happiest times, just like being around them, watching them and hearing them laugh and play. #blessed















Tonight I wanted a really nice meal for our last night in the Goldie....... Miss Melbourne food!! Kano found an amazing Japanese place...... BEST PLACE WE'VE EATEN SO FAR!!! #goodjobkano

Up there with some of the yummiest Japanese food I’ve ever had!

After dinner we had to get the obligatory gelato (had to twist our arms of course) this place is the bomb.... tonight’s choice Snickers and Lemon Cheesecake!!!!! CRAZY GOOD!!!

We devoured these whilst watching more Married at First Sight….love this show!!!

I also got a gorgeous message today from some of the gorgeous school mums. They asked me for a pair of my PJ's so that they can make 3 dolly's for my girls for times I'm in hospital or sick and away from them. Such a thoughtful idea and I know they will cherish it forever...... Thank you to the talent Dian Kett for making the dolls and to Beth, Claire, Dian and Sarah for the thoughtful gift...... Girls can't wait to receive them! They are super cute and such a thoughtful idea.



#howcutearethese??
#lovingthatimrockintheshorthair!!!
#cassydoll
#dollmadejustlikeyou
πŸ‘©πŸΎ
#kanosgettingonetoo



Monday 12th Feb
Last day in the Goldie, and I'm so glad we got to come here! Was such a nice mini trip before the madness we have ahead of us!!! You see on Saturday (THIS WEEK) we move out of our house ready for demolition!!!! YES we are building a new house!!! So we are moving in to a rental for the year (hopefully be in our new place by November!!).
On top of all that Tahlia starts a new musical theatre school
🎼🎹, we have Valentine's Day ❤️❤️ on Wednesday #celebrateeverything, Tahlia starts netball for the first time, we finalise our building contract and we sell everything before demolition!!!!! BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!

Exciting times, lots to look forward to!
😊😊😊


The last few days have been great! So glad and appreciative for this quality time.

I've also noticed more symptoms as a result of the radiation and medication:
- my hair is falling out a lot more, more from the front, but I'm loving scarves and hats. First time I have to think about sunburn on my scalp.... Funny when I had soooooo much hair (last thing I ever had to think about, or a cold head at night). Will see how long I need to go before I need to shave it on zero (trying to avoid that for as long as possible as my scalp is sensitive)
- I'm starting to feel aches and pains in my body. Shoulders and legs in particular.....think I need to walk more.
- My head is starting to feel really tender (almost like blisters are developing under the surface)
- and I'm nauseous..... Yukk!!
- but I'm still doing better than they expected. I'm walking around, I'm awake a lot of the day than they expected, and doing lots of fun things with the family. #winning

No doubt we are tackling some stuff at the moment....... But I'm lifted by the amazing people in my life. People are outstanding and just want to help anyway they can.....and we really appreciate it. Thank you to the amazing @Alexandrenaparker_photo for offering to capture our family in one of your gorgeous shoots..... You're amazing and we'll definitely take you up on that offer
😘

#luckylady
#bestfriendsever
#bestfamilyever
#creatingmemories
#qualitytime

The day started like every day since we've been here..... HOT AND SUNNY
☀️☀️
It was off to the pool for our last swim before we head back home....... Only a top of 23 degrees in Melbourne today compared to 35 degrees in the Goldie!!! Let’s soak up these rays!

Have absolutely enjoyed this mini break with my family before the craziness of this week ahead!!!

#blessed #celebrateeverything #lovinglife #qualitytime #kickitsass #lions


























































Comments

  1. You are truely amazing Cass. An inspiration. Keep fighting the good fight. You and Kane and the kids are in my thoughts constantly. If thete is anything you need don't hesitate to ask. Sending love, hugs and pisitive vibes. Love Rach & Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A week a go today!

So I've been meaning to write a blog for sometime now, but recent incidents have pushed me into action. This blog will be about the good and hard times of living with Stage IV lung cancer. It's not a downer but it's real.  I'm hoping to live as full a life as I can, and treat this disease as something I can manage and live my best possible life. I hope to share tales of the fun I have with my family as well as some of the struggles we face too. I've called it "Makeup and meds" because what you see is all an illusion. What you see on the outside may not be what's really going on deep within. Hope you follow me on this rollercoaster ride!!!! Fortunately for me I live in the best country in the world and have access to amazing medical treatment and medication that keeps me going, and fortunately for me I've always loved makeup and dressing up....so everyday I put on my face and start! I may look better than what's going on beneath but some

Guest Blogger; Kano; Magical memories amongst hard days

The 11th May was my last update after we had secured access to Osimertinib (Tagrisso) with the assistance of Professor Ben Solomon from Peter Mac.   On the 14th May, we met Assoc Professor Gary Richardson, who indicated that without a significant response to Tagrisso, Cassy would have ~1 month to live.  Telling our children that prognosis was the hardest thing we have ever done, it shocked and shattered them, they cried uncontrollably. It was just terrible, you actually hurt in your chest. We just held them. Cassy, as always, remained defiant and was so strong.  16th May we did an early birthday celebration for Kiara and went to LEGO Discovery Centre at Chadstone. We had an amazing time, topping out with Kiara getting the ‘Disney’ Castle as her 7th Birthday gift. She was so excited!!! We had Mexican at Fonda... to which Harper created her Parody “lightning and the Fonda” which we’ve been hearing ever since!  We remained hopeful and Cassy commenced the Tagrisso, howev

quick one .......update on biopsy......treatment going forward

Friday 15th March Yesterday I met with my oncologist for my second round of Chemotherapy and to get the results from my recent lung biopsy. The news was not what we were hoping......I am not positive for T790M and I have less pld -1 than originally thought. This means I am not a candidate for Tagrisso (which we were hoping for) and we have to see if  immunotherapy will still be as effective in the brain. What does this mean for me? - It means that I will continue with Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy as the best option for me. - I'll get an MRI on my whole body (including brain) in about 3 weeks (to see if its working in the brain since radiation and immunotherapy - I'm basically starting all over again....(12 weeks from now) - more pain from chemotherapy in cancer areas.  - May look at other EFGR treatments (should this not be effective) Have to say the information was tough to hear because I was preparing myself for coming out of this and starting to feel better, n